Friday, February 6, 2009

Gratitude

I keep a gratitude journal that I try to write in everyday - especially during times when I get angry at someone/a situation. It is a calming technique that always helps me put things in perspective. But I have not been that great at keeping up with it as of late, so I decided to write it out here in the open as a public reminder of all the good things I have going in my life.

1) I have a job and in times like this where I know two women who have been laid off at jobs they have been at for a number of years. So even when times are slow I need to remember that at least I am still employed.

2) My brother (and Ben) are coming in just about a week and I swear I just get so excited just thinking about it. It will have been about 10 months since I last saw him and I didn't realize how long that would feel.

3) Becoming better friends with people at work. It makes the work day, just a tad more enjoyable.

4) My jazzercise class, for not only kicking my butt back into shape, but for kick starting my mental state. I swear sometimes I don't know where I would be if this wasn't part of my "get Megan better" plan.

5) Having two weekends in a row where I got to hang out with Maegan. There are very few people in the world that get all parts of me and she is one of them.

6) The fact that I feel much more complete after talking with my mom on the phone, even if I wasn't feeling particularly un-whole, it always just fills a void that is there.

7)My Ashley is returning to the states soon and we will FINALLY be in the same timezone. But I am also grateful for her leaving, for the mere fact that it was a catalyst to fix things with myself and helped me learn that I will be ok even when I am miles away from best friends.

8) Mondays from 8:30-9pm and Thursdays nights from 8-9pm when there is roommate TV time. It always feels a bit off on the times that it doesn't happen, the shows are definitely not as enjoyable when they aren't around

9)The re-institution of junk food Fridays a work - sugar always makes things more bearable

10) Feeling more self confident - while this is something that has made my gratitude list a lot, it has been missing for a long time - so it deserves to be on here a lot

No comments: