Monday, February 25, 2008

My reign is over

So after 4 years of being at the top, I have fallen to tie for 2nd place in the annual Oscar Pool. Though it does not feel too terrible, and I am okay with my friend that won. And I was also happy with the awards ceremony itself. Jon Stewart was much better this year than two years ago. It might have been a little lackluster when it came to the speeches with no jumping over seats, kissing presenters or political commentary, but you, know that is okay as well. It was a nice little ceremony. Though hands down my favorite part (well next to Jonah Hill and Seth Rogan) was when Glan Hansard and Marketa Irglova performed. It was just magical and the fact that they won was even more perfect. It was the only time that there was absolute silence in my house during the entire 4 hours we were watching the show. It really made my night.

No comments: