Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Victory (said in the "Viking Quest" voice)

Well there was not really a victory last night, but at least it wasn't a slaughter.

Last night was the "Renew the Rivalry" game of SU v UW in men's basketball. Now, I have lamented before about SU and sports and going D1, yada yade. But when it comes down to it, I have school spirit and pride in my alma mater. I will cheer with best of them (and loudly). And that is what I did last night.

Though we lost 67-80, we did score more than I think anyone thought, played a good defense and, hey, we at least scored more than Upstate did in their game. All in all, it wasn't terrible.

It was however very surreal to be watching my school play on TV. This is the same team that just last year I saw play in gym smaller than the one in my high school. There are still guys on the team that I recognize from working at Connolly. Let's face it, it is kind of cool.

Hopefully they read this before the game, to help keep things in perspective.

No comments: