Monday, September 22, 2008

My love for an award ceramony

Last night was the Emmys and it was the first time in the last few years that I actually sat down and watched the awards. Out of all the award ceremonies that there are, the Emmys rank just above the Grammys for me. But last night I even watched the the red carpet pre-show on E! - which is always fun because I get to judge people on their looks (so shallow). And actually this year there weren't hideous choices, which was surprising. Though apparently the mermaid silhouette is in - which I am not a huge fan of - but I suppose that is neither here nor there.

The show itself, basically sucked though. I HATED the idea of the five hosts and they took up so much time on absolute stupidity that by the end of the awards everyone had to rush through their awards and those were the important ones. Was it just me, or did it seem like TV movie/miniseries got too much of the award show time? I am all for a good made for TV movie - but this just seemed excessive.

Overall, the winners weren't too surprising, not necessarily disappointing, just a bit lackluster. Example: I love Jeremey Piven; like mad crush on him. So I was glad that he won, but this is like the third year in a row for him and I really wanted Neil Patrick Harris to win for HIMYM. NPH does a great job on the show and I think this past season, with the whole Robin storyline was pretty good.

Some sharp dressed ladies:


photos courtsy of EW.com and people.com

p.s. oh, yeah my tiny crush on Josh Groban grew a little last night - too bad I can't stand his music, but gotta love a boy with a great sense of humor.
p.p.s. I couldn't find any pics of the hottie men that were there that would show up on the blog (screw you WireImage). I was able to hunt down this sa-woon worthy image. Gosh, makes me weak in the knees just thinking about him ... sigh



edit: Thanks Getty Images and the Seattle PI - you didn't let me down - I should have trusted you from the beginning


1 comment:

robyn grace said...

I really love NPH. And Mariska Hargitay. Has NPH been on Law and Order? I feel like he has to have, but if not he should get on that asap. Just not playing something too creepy.