Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Fashion Do or Don't?

So I did it, I caved ... I bought a vest (dun dun duuuuunnnnnn). I know, I know there had been some mocking in the past ... who buys vests, they aren't cool, etc. But then there I was admiring the wonderful work of Ms. SJP and I saw a vest. I tried on a vest. I loved the vest.

I cringed for a moment as I slipped my arms through the arm holes and fastened the two buttons in the front. But as I glanced up at the mirror I saw something: I looked good in the vest. It was not the horror that I thought. It did not bring back horrible elementary school flashbacks of vests that I wore then (though I suppose cute then, in hindsight, not so much). And for a reasonable price, I too, could be a trendy vest wearer.

I pondered for a bit, weighing the consequences. Do I get it, even though I will be mocked by a good friend? Even though I too had been a mocker of vests? Even though I do look fabulous in it? And it was only $15?

You already know the answer to my internal dilemma, as I told you three paragraphs ago that I did buy the vest. And you know what, I am glad I did.

Today, with this vest, my skinny jeans, over sized sunglasses and tote, I am so trendy it hurts.

No comments: