Monday, May 12, 2008

A matter of perspective


So I am now the proud owner of my very first car. Scary concept right? Considering I always figured I would never own a car until I was responsible for more than just myself, this is a big change for me. But maybe it will be good. Just another "adult" responsibility for me to master. But can I just say that it is lame that I had to get a car when gas prices are so outrageous.


In other news, the 'rents came to visit this past weekend, which was a lot of fun. Though it just seemed like another excuse I found for myself to take a break from exercising and portion control and just eating better foods in general. Though it is true that I don't always eat Red Velvet Cupcakes for breakfast (so yummy!). I didn't need to have a cookie, rum and cokes and kettle corn as my dinner.


I didn't quite make the goal that I wanted, so my lovely j crew flip-flops will stay in their box until next week. But I am not going to let that get me down. Well, beyond the three minutes of "aw man" feeling I had yesterday. But I am getting better. And if anything the best outcome of all of this is that I like myself a whole lot more and I get back into working out again, which are pretty awesome outcomes.

But something that I came across recently that I have adopted as my new motto:

"If you broke a plate from your favorite set of china - would you then go break the rest of the entire set, or would you mourn the loss of that one plate and move on?"

No comments: