Sunday, January 28, 2007

Happy Birthday to me

Well, I am officailly 22. I have been 22 for two days now. It doesn't really feel any different, but yet everytime I remember that I am 22 I get a little freaked out by it. It is just that when I was in middle school and high school 22 seemed like this far off place that was in adult world and that who I was going to be then is no one that I am now. Which I am not sad about at all, in fact I think I like this 22 year old more that I would like what my 12 year old self thought a 22 year old should be. But it does make me a little bit closer to having to make the tough decisions about my life and future. I am not even thinking about the long term, just the next few years, which I think is the scariest part. Especially since there aren't many people I can turn to for advice on what to do next because most people I know are sure of what they want to do. And my parents sort of help in just being supportive, but really they didn't have to go through what I am. I guess what I am hoping for is just some great advice, that one pearl of wisdom that will stick and guide me towards that decision. So if you've got it, let me know.

But for now I leave you with the most mature thing a 22 year old girl could do on her birthday...